Are you looking for something to do this week? Here's a look at five events coming up in and around Libertyville:
- The Libertyville Elementary District 70 Board will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30 p.m. May 21. The meeting will start with a committee-of-the-whole session at 6:30 p.m., followed by the regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Items on the agenda include the personnel report, a resolution recognizing a retiring staff member and the approval of the Lake County Unified Development Ordinance-Impact Fee Agreement.
- The Green Oaks, Libertyville, Mundelein, Vernon Hills (GLMV) Area Chamber of Commerce will hold its Lake County & Village Economic Update Luncheon from 11:15 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. May 22. The luncheon will be held at White Deer Run Golf Club, 250 W. Gregg's Parkway, Vernon Hills. The luncheon costs $25 for members in advance, and $30 for non-members and for tickets purchased at the door. For more information, visit the Chamber website.
- The Libertyville Village Board will hold its meeting at 8 p.m. May 22 at Village Hall. Items on the agenda include the awarding of contracts for the sidewalk replacement program and the West Austin sewer repair project.
- The College of Lake County will hold its fifth annual Memorial Day Ceremony at noon May 25. The event will be held outdoors at the Willow Lake Veterans Memorial on the Grayslake campus, 19351 W. Washington St.
- Rockland School first-graders will hold a colorful balloon launch at 12:45 p.m. May 25 at the school, 160 W. Rockland Road. The launch will celebrate the achievements of more than 45 first-graders who have learned to read this year.