Libertyville spent $168,242 on last week’s blizzard, which bought 20 inches of snow to the area, according to the village.
Downtown snow clean-up efforts cost the village $75,000. Another $32,500 was spent for overtime and $11,400 was for equipment repairs. The village allocated about $49,000 for the use of village equipment. The blizzard cost the police and fire department about $6,300.
The village is working with the Lake County Emergency Management Agency to apply for federal funding reimbursement. If Lake County is declared a Federal Disaster Area, the village will be eligible for some or all reimbursements.
- Libertyville Can Seek Federal Aid for Blizzard of 2011
- Libertyville Ready with 35 Trucks to Battle Snowstorm
- Lake County Prepares for Major Winter Storm
- Village Plowing, Salting Priority Map
- Viewfinder: Snow Storm
- Share Your Snow Photos With Patch