District 70 Approves $26 Million Tax Levy
The school board unanimously approves 2010 tax levy.
Libertyville School District 70 board members approved a proposed $26 million tax levy at the school board meeting on Monday night.
The proposed tax levy includes:
- About $21 million for educational purposes;
- Some $3.8 million for operations and maintenance;
- $950,000 for transportation;
- $105,700 for working cash;
- $80,00 for the Illinois Municipal Employees Retirement Fund;
- $80,000 for Social Security;
- $80,844 for Special Education District of Lake County.
The school board also approved the 2011-2012 school calendar. Students will start the 2011 school year on Aug. 22. Winter break will be from Dec. 17 to Jan. 3, 2012, and spring break will be from March 26, 2012 to March 30, 2012.