Glad you clicked on our new Grab & Go Kids Planner!
Libertyville Patch has assembled a weekly calendar of kid-friendly activities and new places to try out with children.
Each week, we’ll give you the info on the five best family activities or events for the week.
You’re time-pressed enough, so we’re happy to do the research and find the best things to do and places to go, both locally and within reasonable striking distance.
Look for the kids’ planner each Wednesday, and help us build the planner with your own suggestions and tips — just add them to the comment box.
Even if you disagree with our picks, let us know. We want to hear from you!
Grab your kids and go have some fun!
First Friday on Mainstreet
- Where: Downtown Libertyville
- When: Friday, Feb. 4, 6pm - 9pm
- Why Go?: Lots of entertaining surprises such as live music, hor d'oeuvres, art exhibits and shopping.
- Pricing: Free
Parent & Tot Open Gym
- Where: Grayslake Community Park District Rec Center Gym
- When: Friday, Feb. 4, 10:30am - 11:30am
- Why Go?: Toys, play equipment, space to play.
- Pricing: $3 per child if Grayslake resident, $5 per child for non-residents, payable at the door.
Libertyville High School Boys Basketball vs. Warren High School
- Where: Libertyville High School
- When: Friday, Feb. 4, Sophomores play at 6pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm
- Why Go?: Watch competitive games of basketball and cheer on the Wildcats.
- Pricing: Not available.
- Where: Grayslake Area Public Library, Youth Program Room
- When: Saturday, Feb. 5, 10:30am - 11:15am
- Why Go?: Kids in grades 3 through 6 can make a surprise craft. All supplies will be provided.
- Pricing: Free.
Lake County Forest Preserve District Restoration Workday
- Where: Lake County Forest Preserve, Independence Grove, Libertyville,
- When: Saturday, Feb. 5, 9:00am
- Why Go?: Join other volunteers in helping to save some of Lake County's natural areas. Families are welcome. Visit www.LCFPD.org/restoration for site information, meeting place and what to do if the weather is questionable.
- Pricing: Free
Mysteries in the Snow
- Where: Lake County Forest Preserve District, Grant Woods - Shelter A, Lake Villa, IL (Monaville Road Entrance)
- When: Sunday, Feb. 6, 1pm - 2:30pm
- Why Go?: Kids can put on their detective hats to investigate which animals are active in winter by observing clues in the snow and learn how to identify animal tracks.
- Website: www.LCFPD.org.
- Pricing: $5 per adult and $3 per child for Lake County residents, $7 per adult and $4.00 per child for non-residents.