Lake County Board to Hold Strategic Planning Forums
Forums will be held in five locations, including Libertyville and Deerfield.
The Lake County Board will soon hold a series of community forums as the board works on its strategic plan.
Meetings will be held in locations like Libertyville, Deerfield and Waukegan.
District 6 County Board Member Pat Carey spoke about the forums at the Grayslake Village Board's Feb. 5 meeting. Carey said the county board updates its strategic plan every four years.
Carey said because it is important to collect information from residents and officials, the county board will hold five forums that will each start with an open house from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by a forum at 7 p.m. Carey said topics will include the economy, transportation, development, sustainability and public safety.
The meetings will be held in the following locations:
- Feb. 27, Central Permit Facility, 500 W. Winchester Road, Libertyville
- March 5, Antioch Township, 1625 Deep Lake Road, Lake Villa
- March 6, Trinity International University (Melton Hall, Waybright Center), 2065 Half Day Road, Deerfield
- March 12, Lake County Health Department, 3010 Grand Ave., Waukegan
- March 13, Lakewood Forest Preserve, 27277 N. Forest Preserve Road, Wauconda (at Route 176 and North Fairfield Road)