Libertyville Police Thanksgiving Enforcement Nets 4 DUI Arrests, 71 Speeding Citations
The enforcement, held Nov. 12-25, resulted in 221 traffic stops.
Libertyville Police announced the results of their Thanksgiving impaired driver
and seat belt enforcement campaign, which took place from Nov. 12-25.
In addition to normal patrols, Libertyville Police utilized grant funding to deploy officers on six separate “saturation patrols” to increase enforcement efforts against impaired drivers and motorists and passengers not wearing seat belts.
During this period, Libertyville Police Officers conducted 221 traffic stops. As a result of those traffic stops:
- 4 arrests for DUI;
- 1 citation for not wearing seat belt;
- 3 arrests for driving with a suspended or revoked license;
- 2 arrests for driving without a valid driver’s license;
- 71 citations for speeding;
- 3 citations for no proof of valid vehicle insurance;
- 1 citation for transporting open alcohol;
- 1 citation for possession of cannabis;
- 1 citation for possession of drug paraphernalia;
- numerous other equipment and moving violation citations were also issued.
The law enforcement crackdown is funded by federal traffic safety funds from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and administered through IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety.
—The Libertyville Police Department provided this information.