The second installment of Lake County property taxes is due Thursday, Sept. 6. A second bill will not be mailed to homeowners.
Per Illinois Statute, any payment received after the due date must include a 1.5 percent monthly penalty.
Payment options include:
- U.S. Mail: 18 N. County St., Waukegan, IL 60085
- Online by credit card or e-check: www.lakecountyil.gov/treasurer (A processing fee will be charged by the processing company.)
- In person at most Lake County banks (Must bring original bill or a copy of the bill)
- Drop box: Must pay by check and include tax bill stub in sealed envelope. Locations include 18 N. County St., Waukegan, or the Libertyville campus off Winchester Road, a half block west of Milwaukee Ave. Look for the "Collectors Drop Box" sign.
"The Treasurer's Office typically experiences long lines close to the property tax due date so I encourage taxpayers to take advantage of one of the alternative payment methods," said Lake County Treasurer Robert Skidmore. "Payments must be made or postmarked before Sept. 6 in order to avoid paying penalties."
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Due Date, September 6, 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Lake County provided this information.