Show Us Your Pink Pride in Lake County
Show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month by uploading photos of your and/or your family and friends supporting the cause.
Showing off your pink pride during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a favorite thing to do with survivors and supporters alike.
Also, countless numbers of people show support of Breast Cancer Awareness by participating in fundraising events. Have you strapped on your pink running shoes for the Komen Race for the Cure? If a walk is more your speed, how about the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure? Have you joined a local support group? Have you joined efforts with other supporters to hold a fundraiser or night out?
In Lake County several events have helped raise awareness and support for breast cancer including:
- The 2012 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer for Lake County at Independence Grove in Libertyville.
- Advocate Condell hosted a lecture about risks and treatments for breast cancer.
- The Doc Popcorn fundraiser at stores inside Westfield Hawthorn Mall in Vernon Hills and Gurnee Mills Mall in Gurnee.
- Thousands turned out for the Dirty Girl Mud Run to raise money for breast cancer research.
- Several breast cancer support groups around Lake County are meeting every week.
- Several local high schools participated in raising awareness.
We want you to tell us your story in the comments below. How do you participate and show your pink pride in the community?
Don't forget to print out the image of the attached Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon to show your support! Post it in the window of your home or on a community bulletin board around town.