Snow Day! Libertyville Schools Announce Closings Due to Snowstorm
Districts 70 and 128 have announced closings in advance of the March 5 storm.
Update, 11:04 p.m.: The Cook Memorial Public Library District shared this announcement on Facebook: "Cook Park and Aspen Drive libraries will close at 1 p.m. due to the snowstorm."
Original story: Schools throughout Libertyville have already announced closings in advance of tomorrow's expected snowstorm.
Lake County is under a winter storm warning, with 7-10 inches of snow possible.
Here's a look at the closings that have been announced:
- Libertyville District 70 announced on its website that schools will be closed Tuesday: "In anticipation of the major snowstorm headed our way, we will be closing ALL SCHOOLS on Tuesday, March 5. School closings affect Adler, Butterfield, Copeland, Highland and Rockland schools. Champions, before and after school program, will also be closed and there will be NO after school activities tomorrow. Thank you."
- Community High School District 128 announced on its website that both high schools will be closed: "Due to the winter storm warning, LHS, VHHS and the District 128 Administration Center will be closed on Tuesday, March 5. There will be no before-school, after-school, or evening activities. Have a safe day!"
- Lake County High Schools Technology Campus, via the Emergency Closing Center.
- St. John's Lutheran School, via Emergency Closings Center.
- Alta Vista Montessori School, via Emergency Closings Center.
- St. Joseph School, via Emergency Closings Center.
- From the College of Lake County: "Because of weather conditions, the College of Lake County has cancelled all daytime and evening classes and events at all locations for Tuesday, March 5. Watch the college's website at www.clcillinois.edu<http://www.clcillinois.edu> for updates for Wednesday, March 6."