Super Bowl Game Cookies Recipe
Courtesy of www.Jan-Leasure.com
This recipe is not only simple, but who doesn’t love sugar cookies? You can decorate them however you like. Color your favorite teams, or the teams in the Super Bowl. Either way these will surely be a hit at any party! I love cooking with a theme! What can be better than football cookies for Super Bowl?
Makes three dozen or 18 (2 cookie) servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 9 to 10 minutes per batch
- 1 package (17 1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
Colorful Sugar Cookie Icing:
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 to 15 drops food colors and egg dye (your choice of colors)
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
1. Prepare cookie mix as directed on package. Roll out dough on floured surface until about 1/4-inch thick. Cut into football-themed shapes with cookie cutters.
2. Bake and cool as directed on package.
3. For the Icing, mix sugar, milk, vanilla and food color in small bowl. Stir in corn syrup until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, stir in small amount of additional corn syrup. Decorate cooled cookies as desired.
To make these even easier, find your favorite brand of sugar cookies in the refrigerated section at your local Jewel, Hy-vee, Super Target, Walmart and others! You can slice and bake, break and bake, or roll and bake in minutes!