Haunted houses. Trick-or-treating. Jack-o'-Lanterns.
The Halloween weekend is spookily close and there is plenty happening in Libertyville and throughout the Chicago suburbs to satisfy all ages.
Below is a list of Halloween happenings. Let us know in the comments below what we missed and what you are looking forward to this Halloween!
Trick-or-treating and pumpkins: The best area pumpkin patches and trick-or-treating hours in Libertyville.
- What is Halloween without trick-or-treating? We have information on trick-or-treat hours for Libertyville and info on safe trick or treating tips. This year, trick-or-treating on Main Street will take place on Friday and residential will take place on Halloween, which is Monday, Oct. 31.
- Still need to find a pumpkin? We have a list of area pumpkin patches worth checking out.
Libertyville Halloween events
- Halloween Fest 2011 will take place at 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27 at The Libertyville Sports & Fitness Complex, 1950 N. Us Highway 45.
Contests: Upload your photos to Patch for chances to win.
- Costume contest, Patch sites nationwide are participating in the Little Pumpkin Costume Challenge judged by Heidi Klum. You can upload photos of your kid's costumes directly to the article for a chance to win a trip to New York City or Los Angeles and to meet Klum.
Haunted houses worth checking out in around the Chicago suburbs.
- Looking for a haunted house? We have a list of several worth checking out in the Chicago suburbs.
Halloween tips and advice: Healthy Halloween treat options, what to do with leftover candy and six Halloween traditions worth starting.
- For those looking for healthy options to hand out this Halloween season, we have suggestions from a dietitian on what makes for good, yet nutritious, Halloween treats.
- And, assuming you have any, here are some great tips on what to do with your leftover Halloween candy.
- Our Moms Talk columnist offers some awesome ideas on six fun Halloween traditions worth starting this year.
- Looking for ways to save money? Jan Leasure offers 10 tips.
- Still looking for a costume? Here are some ideas from area costume shops.
- Need help caring your pumpkin? Goebbert's Farm and Garden Center offers tips on choosing a pumpkin and carving it correctly.