Looking for some fun holiday-themed activities? Take a look at this list:
Libertyville's 'Dickens of a Holiday'
- Children can shop during the Children's Holiday Shoppe at Petranek's Pharmacy, 426 N. Milwaukee Ave. from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Dec. 1 and 8. Children can purchase gifts of up to $5, then help Santa's Elves.
- Don't forget to get a picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus. The duo will be at Cook Memorial Park Dec. 1 and 8 from 10 a.m. - noon and 1 - 3 p.m.
- Stop by the Ansel B. Cook Museum for a tour Nov. 23 from 7-9 p.m., Dec. 1, 2, 8 and 9 from 12 - 4 p.m. Suggested donations are $2/adults and $1 for students/children.
- Sign up for a traditional Victorian Tea at St. Lawrence Church. Enjoy English tea, finger sandwiches and bite-sized desserts. Tea time is at 11 a.m. Dec. 1 and 8. Space is limited. Make reservations by calling 847-680-0336.
- Bring the entire family to enjoy the Magic of the Nutcracker presented by Dancecenter North. Showtimes are Dec. 8 at 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. and Dec. 9 at 3 p.m. at the Libertyville High School Butler Auditorium. For more information call 847-367-7970.
Winter Wonderland Holiday Light Show at the Cuneo
- This annual event runs through Dec. 31 and is held from 6 to 10 p.m., Monday through Sunday.