Have you been putting off shopping or planning for Valentine’s Day? Maybe you have been waiting because you are not sure what to buy? Are you on a tight budget? A perpetual procrastinator?
Well, whatever your reason may be, you can relax a little. There are still plenty of gifts and ideas out there for the cost conscious. However, this is the time to get out there and shop.
- : Located in nearby Lake Forest, this company does events, catering and provides all freshly made gourmet meals for pickup or delivery. For Valentine's Day they are featuring a $49 dinner that serves two. The first course starts out with either a salad of mixed greens, oranges, hearts of palm, pine-nuts and citrus vinaigrette or tomato bisque soup. And it only gets better from there! The full menu is available as a PDF. For Monday delivery make sure to order on Saturday.
- : If your sweetheart would enjoy a massage, try out Massage Motu. For $49.99 you can get a 50-Minute Swedish or Deep Tissue Massage.
- : There are plenty of decadent chocolate gifts available here for every valentine on your list. They even have sugar-free chocolates in heart shaped boxes, starting at just under $10 for a small box.
- : Gift certificates at the Sports & Fitness Complex will fit any budget. Is your special someone a golfer? They have a year-round, heated, outdoor driving range here. A bucket of balls starts at $5 for 36.
- : If your love is 'in love' with Malnati's pizza, how about a heart shaped, cheese pizza for less than $10? Or, spend $20 and receive a $5-off coupon by visiting their website.
- Tropik Sun: If you're looking for a gift for a popcorn aficionados, this is the place to go. In addition to chocolate drizzled, strawberry coated or one of the many other flavored popcorn they sell, you'll find sweet and salty Valentine treats here. With gift bags starting at $5.99 and filled mugs from $6.99, you can pick up a gift for all your 'Valentines" here.
- : Is your partner already a client of Touche' or could they use a little pampering? The gift cards here may be purchased in any amount you wish. The cards are nicely packaged in a sweet little Valentine box and can be used for product or services.
- : If you're looking for flowers at a great price, Sunset has mixed bouquets for $10.99 and one dozen rose bouquets in a myriad of colors for $12.99 per bunch. While you're picking up flowers, check out the varied selection of domestic and foreign wines with prices starting at $10.