The Libertyville store will hold a special celebration Saturday, Sept. 21 to showcase its new offerings, from outdoor seating to an in-store bar.
The celebration will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is set to include samples of cookies and cake, a visit from Mrs. Illinois Lisa Sonnenberg, champagne samples, live music, raffles, a balloon sculptor and more.
"The remodel positions Sunset to be a culinary destination in Libertyville. The addition of the Libertyville Grill, Liberty Tap, Graeter’s Ice Cream Shop and the other new items ensure Sunset is not simply a place to shop, but also a place to socialize and enjoy delicious food while on-site," says Thaddeus Tazioli, vice president of marketing at Sunset Foods. "We know our loyal shoppers will love the new offerings and we look forward to welcoming new faces experiencing the Sunset difference for the first time."
The new offerings include:
- The new Libertyville Grill, an on-site restaurant featuring a Gourmet Burger Bar including “Build Your Own” and Signature Burgers, delicious wraps, paninis, sensational sandwiches, and an expansive kids menu
- The new Liberty Tap, an in-store bar, serving craft beers, boutique wines and appetizers
- The first-ever Graeter’s Ice Cream Shop in the state of Illinois
- An artisan and specialty fresh-cut cheese department with a full-time cheese-monger
- A 12-kettle fresh seasonal soup bar, along with a 4-kettle fresh seasonal seafood soup bar
- An enhanced deli and prepared foods area
- An improved floral department, featuring Sunset Floral Design (formerly Angelo Floral and Design Studio) providing custom designs and arrangements for large special events including weddings, anniversaries, parties and funerals
- Outdoor seating for 75 people