And Patch.com knows there are plenty of residents out there willing to lend a helping hand.
With that in mind, Patch.com has looked to volunteermatch.org., a website aimed at bringing "good people and causes together," for volunteer opportunities currently posted for the area. Here is a look at five of those opportunities:
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist on Sept. 29 between 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. at the Mundelein Park District, 1401 N. Midlothian Road. Read more on volunteermatch.org.
- The Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana is looking for a volunteer to assist with survey data entry at its Vernon Hills office, 650 N. Lakeview Parkway. The volunteer should be comfortable using Excel spreadsheets. Read more on volunteermatch.org.
- Spay and Stay in Grayslake is looking for volunteers to counsel cat caretakers, help trap cats, transport to vet clinics, as well as help us in other areas such as fundraisers.
- The Greater Mundelein Jaycees is looking for new members to assist in a variety of volunteer opportunities as well as participate in networking and social and leadership opportunities. Read more on volunteermatch.org.
- CASA Lake County IL, Inc. is looking for a volunteer advocate.