Many of you will have Monday, Sept. 2 off work to celebrate Labor Day.
But for those who will want to get out and about in Libertyville, here is a look at what will be open and closed on the holiday.
If you are a business owner, let us know in the comments section if your business will be opened or closed.
Area Offices, Services
- Village of Libertyville: The Village Hall and non-emergency offices will be closed to observe this holiday and will re-open on Tuesday, September 2 at 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Garbage pick-up will be delayed a day throughout the week.
- County offices: Several Lake County offices will be closed in observance of Labor Day.
- Banks: Most banks will be closed on Labor Day. Check with your local branch for hours of operation.
- Mail: The U.S. Postal Service will not have any post offices open on Labor Day, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Emergency: Always call 911 for police and fire emergencies as well as for any suspicious activity.
- Schools: All area public schools will be closed for Labor Day.
- Library: All Cook Memorial Library District facilities will be closed Sunday and Monday.
- Shopping: Most shopping centers will be opened in the area.
- Metra Schedule: The Metra will be operating on a Sunday/holiday schedule on Labor Day. Visit the Metra North Central line's online schedule for more information. Here is the schedule for the Milwaukee District north line.