Our weekday morning column, 5 Things You Need to Know, provides you with information that can help you plan your day and give you some fodder for water cooler conversations.
1. It's time again to celebrate the annual Girl Scout cookie sale. Our Girl Scout entrepreneurs will be out and about in uniform selling your favorite cookies. Choose from eight tasty varieties that include: Thin Mints and Caramel DeLites to Peanut Butter Patties and Thanks-A-Lots. The annual sale kicked off Dec. 9 and will culminate on March 9. Girl Scout cookies are $4 a box. To find out where to buy cookies in and near Marlborough click on the "cookie locator" and enter 01752 as the zip code.
2. State Senator Jamie Eldridge will to discuss the failures of National Grid and other utilities during the October snowstorm that put Marlborough largely in the dark for several days. State rep. Steven Levy will also be in attendance.
3. Has anyone noticed the new sports bar being prepared to open at the location once operated? Tailgaters will open in the coming weeks. What do you think about this? Does Marlborough need an eatery like this? Tell us in the comments.
4. There will be a Living Nativity at the Church of the Nativity in Northborough on Saturday, Dec. 17 at 6:30 p.m. The church has many Marlborough members and the community-at-large is invited to attend.
5. Solve this Marlborough anagram in the comment field: LASTAPNE TETERS (location)