Libertyville Police announced the results of their Christmas/New Year’s
impaired driver and seat belt enforcement campaign which took place from Dec. 17, 2012 to Jan. 1, 2013.
In addition to normal patrols, Libertyville Police utilized grant funding to deploy officers on six separate “saturation patrols” to increase enforcement efforts
against impaired drivers, and motorists and passengers not wearing seat belts.
During this period, Libertyville police officers conducted 131 traffic stops. Those traffic stops resulted in:
- 9 arrests for DUI-alcohol;
- 1 arrest for DUI-drugs;
- 1 citation for not wearing seat belt;
- 3 arrests for Driving While License Suspended or Revoked;
- 3 arrests for No Driver's License;
- 33 citations for speeding;
- 8 citations for no proof of valid vehicle insurance;
- 1 citation for transporting open alcohol;
- 1 citation for possession of cannabis;
- 1 citation for possession of drug paraphernalia;
- numerous other equipment and moving violation citations were also issued
The law enforcement crackdown was funded by federal traffic safety funds from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and administered through IDOT’s Division of Traffic Safety.
—The Libertyville Police Department submitted this information.