.

UPDATE: Fire Caused by Dryer at Centre Club

Numerous fire/rescue vehicles were on the scene.

Update, 11:57 a.m.: The fire reported at Centre Club in Libertyville was indeed caused by a dryer, said Condell Spokesman Josh McColough.

"It was contained to just that one particular dryer," McColough said.

He said the building was evacuated, following safety protocols, and will remained closed for the rest of the day so fire personnel can complete their inspection.

McColough said an employee who was in the vicinity of the fire reported feeling lightheaded and was taken to the emergency room as precaution. She is in good condition, McColough said.

 

Original story, 11:47 a.m.: A fire apparently started in a dryer at Centre Club in Libertyville this morning, according to a dispatch alert received by Libertyville Patch.

There were numerous Libertyville fire/rescue and police vehicles on the scene.

We will share more information as it becomes available.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something