If you haven’t yet registered to vote, get it off your to-do list now.
Today is National Voter Registration Day, and thousands of local, state and national organizations have mobilized to make sure millions of people don’t miss the chance to cast their vote in this year’s elections.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 elections because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.
The voter registration deadline for Illinois is Oct. 9.
Here’s information on how you can register in time for the Nov. 6 elections:
- Fill out a voter registration form in person at your local Board of Elections office at the Lake County Clerk's Office.
- Click here for an on-line voter registration form
- You may also download the form here. The form will need to be printed (if completed on-line), signed and mailed to the Lake County Clerk's Office at 18 N. County St., Waukegan, IL 60085. Call (847) 377-2410 for more information.
- Residents can also register to vote at the Libertyville Village Hall, the Cook Park Library and the Libertyville Township Office.
- More voter registration services can be found by clicking here.