The 11 single, detached homes sold in Libertyville-Green Oaks during January 2014 represented a 45 percent decrease from January 2013, when 20 homes were sold, according to statistics provided by the Mainstreet Organization of Realtors and the North Shore-Barrington Association of Realtors.
Meanwhile, the median home sales price decreased in Libertyville-Green Oaks during January. The median price dropped 16 percent to $330,000 from $393,750 in January 2013, according to the statistics.
“Home prices in suburban Chicago have continued to experience healthy, sustainable growth in the first month of 2014,” said Michael Parent, president of MORe and Vice President of Operations for Burnet Title’s Chicago Region. “One of many factors driving increased prices is a continued lack of inventory, which will likely improve as people come out of hibernation and the market starts breaking open in March or April.”
- Largest percentage increase in homes sold: Darien (100 percent)
- Largest percentage increase in median sales price: Kenilworth (121.6 percent)
- Most homes sold in January 2014: Naperville (74)
- Highest median sales price in January 2014 (MORe): Hinsdale ($770,000)
- Highest median sales price in January 2014 (NSBAR): Winnetka ($1.578 million)