Six Libertyville High School wrestlers qualified for the state wrestling tournament this past weekend after placing third at the Barrington sectional meet, according to IHSA results.
The following LHS wrestlers will now compete at the state tournament, to be held Feb. 14 to 16 at Assembly Hall in Champaign:
- Steve Polakowski, a junior, placed first place at 120 pounds.
- Austin Pettinato, a senior, placed fourth at 145 pounds.
- Kayne MacCallum, a junior, placed second at 160 pounds.
- Austin Koziol, a junior, placed second at 170 pounds.
- Kevin Barbian, a junior, placed second at 195 pounds.
- Chris McDermand, a junior, placed fourth at 285 pounds.
Learn more about the Libertyville High School Wildcats at http://lhswildcats.org/wrestling.
Do you have photos from the sectionals? Upload them here.