Written by Karen Chadra
Libertyville was well-represented at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday with 76 runners crossing the finish line.
Here is a look at the top male finishers from Libertyville:
- Ken Herrmann, 47, finished with a time of 3:05.43. He finished in 1,261st place overall.
- Michael Damenti, 44, finished with a time of 3:09.28. He finished in 1,573rd place overall.
- Peter Neumann, 42, finished with a time of 3:19.27. He finished in 2,541st place overall.
- Kelli Richter, 30, finished with a time of 3:29.26. Richter finished in 4,069th place overall and 636th place among all women.
- Anne Marie Lubicky, 27, finished with a time of 3:31.39. Lubicky finished in 4,511st place overall and 764th place among all women.
- Julia Rochester, 44, finished with a time of 3:34.42. Rochester finished in 5,061st place overall and 942nd place among all women.
A record 39,115 runners finished the race in Grant Park on Sunday, according to Chicago Marathon officials.
Kenyan runner Dennis Kimetto won the marathon, setting a course record of 02:03:45—53 seconds faster than last year's winning time. Winning on the women's side was Kenyan Rita Jeptoo, who finished in 02:19:15, the fastest women's marathon time in the world this year.
“It was an incredible day at the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon—one where the results from the course reflected the hard work and determination that was put in by the staff, the volunteers and our City of Chicago partners to make the event possible,” said Executive Race Director Carey Pinkowski in a statement.
Source: Bank of America Chicago Marathon searchable results.
Did you compete in Sunday's race? Let us know how it went in the comments section. Do you know someone who participated in the race? Send them a congratulatory message by commenting below.
Amie Schaenzer contributed to this article.