Milwaukee’s professional baseball team changed leagues in 1998, creating an immediate rivalry with Chicago’s “northsiders” and their passionate yet frustrated fan base.
Each year Chicago fans pour into Milwaukee’s stadium for games between the teams, while Milwaukee fans simultaneously despise the “flatlanders” yet often covet a trip to their famous West Addison Street address.
Patch is giving baseball fans in both regions the opportunity to turn that passion into a prize with our Pro Baseball Pick ‘Em Contest, in advance of the teams’ three-game series in Milwaukee May 11-13. The winner receives a $100 gift card for pro baseball apparel. Here’s how to play:
- Log into Patch with your username (or use Facebook). Don’t have one? It’s free!
- In the comments, tell us the total number of runs each team will score in the series (example: Milwaukee 14, Chicago 13).
You many enter only once, but are welcome to explain your guess and engage in spirited but tasteful debate — there's Chicago fans everywhere, of course.
Here are more important details on this contest:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, in the Comments section of this article, guess the total number of runs by each team that will be scored in the upcoming three-game series between Milwaukee and Chicago.
- All entries must be received by 6 p.m. CST May 11, 2012.
- You may enter one time.
- One winner will be selected. Winner is the person who is the fewest number of runs away from the overall total. If more than one person makes the correct guess, the winner will be selected in a random drawing from those entries.
- One (1) Grand Prize Winner receives a $100 gift card to purchase
- Complete rules are attached to this article.