MMA comes to the on Sat. July 7 at 7 p.m. with a full card of bouts in “Who’s Next!” featuring top Mixed Martial Arts fighters from the Chicagoland area.
Only 1,000 tickets will be available for this special MMA event. To inquire about tickets, call the Libertyville Sports Complex at (847) 367-1502. Ticket prices are $25 for General Admission-standing, $35 for General Admission-seating, $40 for Balcony VIP seating and $45 for Ringside table seating. Doors will open at 6 p.m. and concessions will be available inside the Sports Complex.
The Main Card features at the 135 Class, Sean Gee (Chicago) vs. Jason Crose (Indiana); at the 155 Division, Adrian Ortega vs. Roger Muntain (Riverside, CA); at the 185 Division, Jason Floyd vs. Steve Davidson; and at the 135 Division, Michael Hayden (Lake Villa) vs. Jake Childers (Peoria).
The Undercard features various local MMA fighters from the area including Jacob Wolf (Long Grove), Giovanni Navarette (Round Lake), Zach Stander (Spring Grove), Danny Mulroe (Mt. Prospect), Dominique Hill (Highland Park), Averlin Lopez (Waukegan), Anthony Richmond (Chicago Heights), Phil Khuu (Chicago), Ramin Pahlavan (Glendale Heights), Patrick Fish (Chicago), Joel Yepiz (West Chicago), Jeff Schneider (Bensenville) and Mike Keane (Bensenville).
See below, updated fighter highlights and complete Main Card and Undercard matchups.
The “Who’s Next!” MMA event is produced and promoted by Darrell Romanos, owner of Hidden Talent MMA (email@example.com). The Libertyville Sports Complex, located at the corner of Peterson Road & Route 45 on the northwest side of Libertyville, is a multi-purpose sports and events facility owned and operated by the Village of Libertyville.
MMA Fighter Highlights, Main Card and Undercard Matchups
- Hector Mercado (US Army), Chicago Fight Team, Glenn Hudson Muay Thai. Boasting a perfect record of 5-0, Hector Mercado is clearly one of the top 155 pound amateurs in Illinois. His fast pace and slick ground game most recently earned him Fight Card Entertainment's lightweight championship. Hailing from Orland Park, Mercado is sure to pack the house with his immense fan following in support of his main-event bout against former US Army sniper Roger Muntain who is flying in from California just to fight.
- Roger Muntain (US Army), former US Army sniper, traveling from Riverside, California for this event.
- Sean Gee, Chicago Fight Team, Glenn Hudson Muay Thai, Chicago; 9-3 fight record, recently won the XFO Bantemweight Championship. Has tremendous power, in a recent match in Waukegan, he picked his opponent up and slammed him onto the mat so hard his opponent verbally submitted.
- Michael Hayden, Energy MMA, Lakemore. Resides in Lake Villa; 1-0 fight record, winning first-ever event in Waukegan with an impressive performance showing a display of solid technique. Definitely a local fighter to keep your eye on.
Sean Gee (8-3) 135 (Chicago) vs. Jason Crose (10-23) 135 (Indiana)
Adrian Ortega (1-0) 155 vs. Roger Muntain (2-0) 155 (Riverside, CA)
Jason Floyd (3-0) 185 vs. Steve Davidson (2-0) 185
Michael Hayden (1-0) 135 (Lake Villa) vs. Jake Childers (0-0) 135 (Peoria)
Andrew Price (0-0) 250 (Valparaiso, IN) vs. Mike Keane (0-0) 250 (Bensenville/Forest Park)
Jacob Wolf (0-0) 205 (Long Grove) vs Jeff Schnieder (0-0) 205 (Bensenville/Forest Park)
Patrick Fish (0-1) 185 (Chicago) vs. Joel Yepiz (0-0) 185 (West Chicago)
Dillian Escobedo (0-0) 170 (New Carlisle, IN) vs. Dominique Hill (0-0) 175 (Highland Park)
Zach Stander (0-0) 170 (Spring Grove) vs. Danny Mulroe (0-0) 170 (Mt. Prospect)
Ramin Pahlavan (0-0) 155 (Glendale Heights) vs. Phil Khuu (0-0) 155 (Chicago)
Anthony Richmond (0-0) 145 (Chicago Heights) vs. Angel Solano (0-0) 145
Giovanni Navarette (0-2) 125 (Round Lake) vs. Averlin Lopez (0-0) 125 (Waukegan)
- The Libertyville Sports Complex submitted this information.