, dedicated to helping people with developmental disabilities, celebrates its 50th anniversary Saturday, Aug. 20, with .
The celebrations will feature performances such as the Trinity Irish Dancers, Ben the Bubble Guy creating bubbles the size of a car and more.
- Schedule of Events
- History of Lambs Farm
- Seven original members of are still residents of the community and are taking this time to reflect on their experiences.
was a teenager when she started working at the Lambs Pet Shop on State Street in downtown Chicago, founded by Bob Terese and Corinne Owen.
works in the work center on campus, but says that he has worked in almost every business on the 70-acre farm.
shares her story of how she became stronger through working at since the '60s.
4. Dennis Moss shares memories of 's annual events, such as the , Father's Day Ski Show, and the Jamboree.
5. Michael Hechtman, 74, has been with since his early 20s and has fond memories of the pet shop.
6. Janice Small says has helped her become an independent person.
7. Matt Wigton, a music fan, recalls a trip he took to Graceland with .